We have provided training to a significant number of people during the past 3 years. Since we have started keeping records, a total of 510 people have completed training and 32 more are being trained or are waiting for training. Click Here to view our training statistics,
Pickleball in Huntsville, Alabama
Welcome to the Huntsville, Alabama pickleball web page. In Huntsville there are 7 indoor locations available to play pickleball up to 7 days a week (depending on season). We also have 12 new outdoor courts at the Sandra Moon Moon Community Complex that are dedicated to Pickleball. See the Locations & Times tab above. Please use the Contact Us page to leave comments, offer suggestions for new features for this site or to ask questions about pickleball. We have 402 members in the club.
The latest news and events.
This section will contain news about events, facility availaibility, instruction and much more. The last six posts are shown here. You may also view all posts at the News Archive page.
Brahan Spring Recreation Center is now open for play. The floors have been refinished and taped.
The following gyms are back open for pickleball. The gym floors have been refinished and the courts re-taped.
Shurney Legacy Center
Fern Bell Recreation Center
Max Luther Drive Community Center
We were just notified that gym floor refinishing at some of the facilities will start one day earlier than originally scheduled. This may be because the refinishing project at Optimist has been delayed. The court tape at Optimist has already been removed, so play is not available at this time. Depending on the delay, we may re-tape the court. Please check the website https://www.pickleball-huntsville.com/locations.php for updates. Here is the latest information available to us:
- ALL Huntsville recreation centers will be closed on Monday, September 6th, 2021 for Labor Day.
- Fern Bell will be closed for floor refinishing starting on Monday, August 30, 2021. We’re hoping to have it ready for play by September 7th.
- Shurney will be closed for floor refinishing starting on Wednesday, September 1, 2021. We’re hoping to have it ready for play by September 8th.
- Max Luther will be closed for floor refinishing starting on Thursday, September 2, 2021. We’re hoping to have it ready for play by September 8th.
- Brahan Spring will be closed for floor refinishing starting on Tuesday, September 7, 2021. We’re hoping to have it ready for play by September 12th.
Floors will be resurfaced at Fern Bell (starting Monday), Optimist Park (starting Tuesday), Shurney Center (starting Thursday), Max Luther (starting Friday). The Club will need to retape the floors before we can play again. We’re hoping to have Fern Bell ready by Tuesday morning September 7, Optimist Park by Tuesday afternoon Sept 7, Shurney Center by Wednesday September 8, and Max Luther by Wednesday September 8. We have to work around the holiday weekend. The dates the courts will be ready may change. Weather can dictate how quickly the courts can cure and it looks like there may be some hurricane driven rain in our forecast next week. I’ll try to keep you updated!
Mark Russell will no longer have Tuesday night pickleball starting September 7, 2021.