These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on Huntsville Pickleball Club Discussion Board. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
The Huntsville Pickleball Club discussion forum is a privately owned site that exists primarily to serve members of the Huntsville Pickleball Club. However, all pickleball enthusiasts are welcome to view our on-line forum.
Our goal is to foster a community that is informative, helpful, kind and sometimes humorous. We see ourselves as your hosts. We welcome people, help the group network and sometimes show someone the door if they're ruining the gathering for others.
To support this environment, we don't allow personal attacks. We encourage spirited discussion but won't tolerate argument for it's own sake. Racism, sexism, inappropriate language/humor/graphics and registering more than one identity are out of bounds. Political comments and discussions may not be posted. Violation of these rules will result in a warning, the editing or deletion of your post, a time out or the permanent deactivation of your account, according to the moderators' judgement of the severity of the transgression.
You may not publicly dispute moderator actions. You may privately request an explanation. Usually a moderator will take the time to reply but not always and we won't indulge in argument. Remember, we're just volunteers with busy lives beyond this site.
Although the administrators and moderators of the Huntsville Pickleball Club Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and the owners of the Huntsville Pickleball Club Forums will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
Consider your words before you push the "submit" button. Think of how you want to interact with your pickleball community. #
- The Huntsville Pickleball Club discussion forum is a privately owned site that exists primarily to serve members of the Huntsville Pickleball Club. However, all pickleball enthusiasts are welcome to view our on-line forum.
- Use the correct forum and avoid double posting. Read the descriptions on the main index page and you'll catch on. #
- Search first. There's a wealth of useful information already in existence here. #
- Avoid hijacking threads by changing the subject. Either start your own thread in the appropriate place or communicate privately. #
- Please don't respond to your own post with the sole purpose of bumping it to the top of the forum. #
- Folks with smaller screens or a slow network connection will thank you if you don't post pictures wider than 800 pixels. #
- Violations of copyright law will not be tolerated and may result in the termination of your account. You may not make, for yourself or for others, or offer, either for sale or trade, illegal copies of any copyrighted materials found on or associated with this site. "Fair use" requires you to give source of quotes, preferably with a hyperlink. Don't reproduce entire articles or even large portions. Summarize briefly and link to your source. #
- If you own or are part of a pickleball related, commercial enterprise you may make a one time announcement to the board. After that you may put a link in your signature line as your only reference to your business. #
We do not allow solicitation for charities. You may link to a charity in your signature line. Charity events related to pickleball or to the Huntsville-Madison County Senior Center may be posted on the Forum. It should look something like this;
- Charity event "X" is happening here on this date. It is sponsored by "Y". The entry fee is "Z". All proceeds will go to "Whatever Charity". See (link) for more information. This can be accompanied by event details.
- Members may not claim to represent the community in order to negotiate group discounts, bulk purchase agreements or other such activities that might permit direct profit to a member or group of members. Posts inviting others to participate in group buys or bulk purchases are not permitted. #
- The Private Message option on your profile page is a good way to communicate with other users. The system does prune PMs on occasion so be sure to save anything you want to keep. #
Ways to Personalize your Experience
We encourage the free exchange of ideas within the previously stated parameters but this is a privately owned site. Thus, you should have no expectation of freedom of speech.
There is no right to privacy on this forum. All communication through the website is subject to review.
We will not willingly share your private information with outside parties but this doesn't guarantee your privacy.
This is a free service provided with the understanding that you accept full responsibility for the safety, legality and prudence of your own actions. That extends to any advice found here that you choose to accept. You agree to these terms by signing up for this site and continuing to use it.
We're here to help. Be sure to read those sticky posts and scan the Forum FAQ's for help with common issues.
Welcome and have fun! #
- We encourage the free exchange of ideas within the previously stated parameters but this is a privately owned site. Thus, you should have no expectation of freedom of speech.