This board is now live. Welcome to the Huntsville Pickleball Club Discussion Board. If you are a member of the Huntsville Pickleball Club, feel free to register so you can post on the board. If you have questions, use the Contact us link at the bottom of this page.

Pat McInnis

Anything related to pickleball or the Pickleball Club.
Pat DeSantis

Pat McInnis

Post by Pat DeSantis » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:03 pm

As of this evening and after the Trauma Surgeon saw Pat - no surgery required as of now - She has several broken ribs, fractures vertebrae in back, fractures in sternum/clavicle. Lacerations on head. Good news - couple of days in ICU - Sherry will communicate more when she knows more tomorrow. Since she is in ICU, I suggest anyone wishing to send get well cards flowers can do so to Pat's home address-3000 Waterman Drive, Owens Cross Roads, AL 35763.
Pat DeSantis

Re: Pat McInnis

Post by Pat DeSantis » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:57 pm

As of today Pat is doing much better. Sherry says in between her medicated sleep she wakes and is trying to be her humorous self. Sherry has relayed a message from Pat asking for her privacy during these few days in the ICU and until she acknowledges she is ready to receive visitors. Pat appreciates all your prayers and concerns for her and asked that if you wish to send a get well card to please send them to:
3000 Waterman Drive, Owens Cross Roads, AL 35763. Humorous cards are welcomed. As Sherry relays information to me I will try and post it here as soon as possible. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers and hope for a healthy and as fast as possible return to pickleball.
Pat DeSantis

Post by Pat DeSantis » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:44 am

Sherry and I talked late last night about how Pat is doing. Although she is showing some progress, she remains on oxygen to help her breathe. Pat will not be getting out of ICU until she is able to breathe on her own and gains a little more strength back. She will probably need some surgery to repair the damaged vertebrae once she is stronger and able to breathe on her own. Sherry said she is being like a trouper through it all and that she is very lucky to be alive. Pat's Daughter Kelly and Sherry will hand deliver any cards received at home to Pat so keep them coming. She will appreciate the many thoughts we put on paper as well as those that we have for her recovery every day. Keep your prayers going and wish her the best in her recovery. For those who expressed the willingness to help where it is needed, many, many thanks and as soon as help is needed, a request from Pat & Sherry will be put out there. God Bless us all to look out for each other with patience, understanding, kindness and love.
Pat DeSantis

Post by Pat DeSantis » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:41 pm

Update for today. Sherry says Pat was sitting up in a chair today. She had to wear a brace but hey, thats a good sign. Keep thoughts and prayers coming.
Pat DeSantis

Post by Pat DeSantis » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:00 am

Hello everyone following Pat's condition. Sherry told me last night that Pat had a little relapse yesterday but she recovered. They are still hopeful she can be moved from ICU next week and into a bed. Still asking for privacy. Cards are still welcomed. Sherry will give me another update hopefully tonight.
Pat DeSantis

Post by Pat DeSantis » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:16 pm

Today is good news day, Pat was actually up and walking around a little. Tomorrow she will have her clavicle fracture put back into place. Sherry said it's a fairly easy procedure. This will help in her breathing and take away a little pain she feels from it. They are hopeful by Friday she can come off oxygen and moved to her own room. Sherry and Kelly have started a Facebook page about Pat's progress. Responses are coming from all over the country wishing her well and a speedy recovery. Pat has received over 50 cards. She is waiting to be moved to a room before she opens them so she can have Sherry and Kelly decorate the room with all the cards. Thank you everyone who sent Pat a card and commented on her Facebook page. She had a few tears when she found out just how many people out there care about her. I hope news about Pat's progress from this point forward is all good news.
Steve Schuckman
Site Admin

Post by Steve Schuckman » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Pat - Can you post the link for the Facebook page you mentioned?
Pat DeSantis

Post by Pat DeSantis » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:52 pm

I don’t have it. Sherry told me about it. I can try to get it from her.
Pat DeSantis

Post by Pat DeSantis » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:44 am

Thanks for providing the link Beth. I hope this it meant for the public.