This board is now live. Welcome to the Huntsville Pickleball Club Discussion Board. If you are a member of the Huntsville Pickleball Club, feel free to register so you can post on the board. If you have questions, use the Contact us link at the bottom of this page.

Posting in 2022

Anything related to pickleball or the Pickleball Club.
Butch Gann

Posting in 2022

Post by Butch Gann » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:07 pm

Hope 2022 brings more members to the Discussion Board. Seems like a great place to provide great input on all things Pickleball. I know I for one, would appreciate advice and other information from more experienced players.

Question....According to the IFP Rating for a 3.5 Player, the following is listed:
  • Demonstrates improved stroke dependability with directional control on most medium-paced balls and some faster-paced balls.
    Demonstrates improved control when trying for direction, depth and power on their shots.
    Needs to develop variety with their shots.
    Exhibits some aggressive net play.
    Beginning to anticipate opponent's shots.
    Learning about the importance of strategy and teamwork in doubles.
The 4.0 Player is listed as being able to do the following:
  • Consistent and dependable strokes, including directional control and depth on both forehand and backhand shots.
    Reliable serves, lobs, overheads, approach shots and volleys and can use spin shots with some success.
    Occasionally can force errors when serving.
    Rallies may be lost due to impatience.
    Uses the dink shot and drop shots to slow down or change the pace of the game.
    Demonstrates 3rd shot strategies - drop shots, lobs, and fast-paced ground strokes.
    Aggressive net play and teamwork in doubles is evident.
    Fully understands the rules of the game and can play by them.
To me this almost seems more like a 3.0 and 3.5 rating than 3.5 and 4.0 (at least from the players I have been able to play with). What are your thoughts?

Butch