Starting on 27-Jun-2022, a time slot for 70 Plus players will be available at Max Luther Drive Community Center. Players must be at least 70 years of age and have a skill level of 2.5 – 3.5.
Effective immediately, we have a new location to play pickleball indoors. Play is now available at Challenger Gym located at 13555 Chaney Thompson Rd SE, Huntsville, 35803. Please see the summer schedule below.
9 am – 2 pm open play
9 am – Noon – ladies only play
Noon – 5:30 pm – open play
9 am – Noon – men only play
Noon pm – 5:30 pm – gym open for drills, first come-first serve – schedule on playtimescheduler
9 am – 2 pm – beginner play only
2 pm – 5:30 pm – open play
9 am – 5:30 pm – open play
Festival on the Moon Delay start time for Sunday: Noon
We will be there at 10:30 am setting up and drying off courts when the rain stops. If you want to help us with this, please bring towels and blowers.
The Festival will begin at Noon with Penny Lamb’s workshop: Strength & Conditioning Training for Pickleball. Bring a towel or mat for stretching if you have one available. This workshop will be held indoors in the check-in building.
The schedule will continue with the 4.0 Round Robin staring at 1 or soon after depending on court conditions. The rest of the schedule will be adjusted as needed and schedule changes will be announced at the Festival. We will try to get in a few of the skill challenges as we can.
Our last round of prize drawings will be held towards the end of the day, so there is still time to buy chance to win tickets and enter to win some fabulous prizes. Come check them out in the check-in building. Don’t let the Festival close before you purchase your FOM t-shirt, magnet, pin, and postcard. You can find these for sale in the check-in building. All proceeds from all purchases go to the Breast Cancer Patient Assistance Fund. We also have a donation box in the check-in building.
We have had a great Festival so far and thank all of you for your support! Come join us today at Noon – 5 pm for the last day of fundraising and fun!
Let’s play and give back!
The weather forecast for the Festival on the Moon is sunshine and warm temperatures! You can still register for the event held on April 29 – May 1. Keep in mind that the registration for the Round Robin portion of the Festival is closed now, but registration is open to attend and enjoy all other court festivities held that day. Families and spectators are welcome! Anyone can participate in the Chance to Win drawings, buy festival t-shirts, pin or magnets, play lawn games, and watch the court contests. Registration is required to play on the Moon courts or to participate in the skill contests.
Schedule of events:
Friday, April 29
- 5:00-8:00 pm Registration open, main courts open play, hospitality tent open, music
- 7:00 pm Announcements followed by Skill contest – Serve to the Spot (all on main courts)
Saturday, April 30
- 7:30 am Registration opens
- 8:00 am-8:00 pm Open play, hospitality tent open, music, vendor booths open
- 8:00-10:30 am Opening ceremony prior to start of Skill Round Robin – levels up to 2.0 and 2.5 (temporary courts)
- 8:00 am – 4:00 pm Breast Center available at their table for information and first aid
- 9:30 am NesinFit Sportstalk (hospitality tent)
- 10:00 am Official Welcome Ceremony by Huntsville Parks and Recreation, The Breast Center of Huntsville Hospital, and Huntsville Pickleball Club (hospitality tent)
- 10:00 am-4:00 pm NesinFit available for screenings at their table
- 10:30 am-1:00 pm 3.0 Skill round robin (temporary courts)
- 12:30 pm Drawing for first set of raffle items, including opportunity to play in celebrity round robin (hospitality tent)
- 1:00 Breast Health Center Intro to Celebrity Round Robin (temporary courts)
- 1:30-4:00 pm Celebrity Round Robin (temporary courts – spectators may bring chairs)
- 4:00 pm NesinFit Sportstalk (hospitality tent)
- 4:00-5:00 pm Skill contest – Dinks for Two, Volley Ball (temporary courts)
- 5:00-7:30 pm 3.5 Skill round robin (temporary courts)
- 7:30 pm Drawing for second set of raffle items (hospitality tent)
Sunday, May 1
- 7:30 am Registration opens
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm Open play, hospitality tent open, music, vendor booths open
- 8:00 am – 4:00 pm Breast Center available at their table for information and first aid
- 10:00 am-2:00 pm NesinFit available for screenings at their table
- 10:00 am-10:30 am Strength & Conditioning Training for Pickleball – Penny Lamb Bring a towel or mat for stretching, if you have one available.
- 10:30 – 11:15 am Skill Contest – Serve to the Spot (temporary courts)
- 11:15 am – 12:00 pm Skill Contest – Pop Top (temporary courts)
- 1:00 NesinFit Sportstalk (hospitality tent)
- 1:00-3:30 pm 4.0 + Skill round robin (temporary courts)
- 3:30 pm Drawing for third set of raffle items (hospitality tent)
- 5:00 pm Festival closes
Chance to Win drawings
If you registered by April 15th, you will receivefive complimentary tickets in your goody bag. Additional tickets may be purchased 5/$10 or 20/$20. Remember that this is a fund raiser for the Huntsville Hospital Breast Cancer Patient Assistance Fund, so we are selling these tickets as part of our fund-raising efforts. All proceeds will go to this fund. We will accept cash, credit, or check.
Fill out your tickets and drop one or more of your tickets in the associated prize bucket for a chance to win the great prizes listed below. You do not have to be present to win, but your tickets must be dropped in prize buckets to be drawn for a particular prize.
- Four (4) Rocket City Trash Pandas ticket vouchers. Redeemable for Tuesday/Thursday games in 2022, subject to availability. Must be redeemed at the ticket office 24 hours in advance of your selected game. (Approximate value $80)
- Lunch for 4 with astronaut Jan Davis at Rocket City Tavern (priceless!)
- Gift voucher for Rx sport goggles. Clinic for Vision, Drs. Rich and Kate McCurdy (Retail value $383)
- 5 packages of Two (2) tickets to a Rocket City Trash Pandas game in 2022, includes parking fee. Almost all dates are available to choose from. Season ticket holder seats, first row above home team dugout on the first base line, pitcher’s mound straight ahead. Each package includes a signed baseball from one of the Trash Pandas players. ($60 value per package)
- Tennessee Titans autographed photo of Kevin Byard
- Head Pickleball Paddle
- Engage Poach Infinity EX Paddle, value $164.99
- Paddleteck Paddle and bag, value $100
- Gearbox Paddle
- Juice Plus Post Workout Shake Mix
- Nesin foam roller in a carry bag
- “Theragun” and a NesinFIT 4-visit health & wellness package
- 3 – Anytime Fitness 90 day passes
- Gift basket/certificate from Neomode Hair Salon, value $125
- Gift certificate – one-hour facial DanTerra, Madison, value $99
- Three gift bags from The Olive Branch
- Top Spin Tennis Gift Card – ($50 value)
- Gift cards from Bacchus Restaurant ($100, $60, $45, $45)
- 4 different pickleball t-shirts (value $30 each)
- Opportunity to play with a Celebrity in our Celebrity Round Robin on Saturday
The Korn Ferry Tour Golf tournament is using the main parking area that we normally use for the pickleball courts. Do not enter and park in the parking directly off of Bailey Cove Rd. Enter instead on Blevins Gap Road. Turn at the light at the intersection of Bailey Cove Rd and Blevins Gap Rd as if you were going to the library and then turn right on either the 1st or 2nd entrances. Park in spaces around the library, around the tennis courts (these have been newly painted by the City for us), or in the grass areas around the field (do not park on the fields). There is plenty of parking in these areas. We will have signs to direct you.
We are excited about the interest in the upcoming Festival on the Moon benefit event to be held on April 29th – May 1st. Much work is going into creating a fun community event to raise money for The Breast Cancer Patient Assitance Fund. As more details emerge, I will keep the Club updated. You can share this link with your friends on social media: https://www.facebook.com/events/2027113890810783/?ref=newsfeed
Below are some details about the event – more will be coming!
During this festive event there will be entertainment/music Saturday and Sunday afternoon and lawn games on the grounds. You can bring your own food, but there will be a Hospitality tent for snacks and beverages open during festival hours, and the Library Bistro will be open for some food service. We will have pickleball vendors on the grounds. Open Play is on the main Sandra Moon Courts all 3 days; Beginner (first courts) to advanced (far courts). Put your paddle in the paddle stand at the court you want to play in. Court monitors will help with rotation. Health and wellness seminars will be held Saturday and Sunday, including one by The Breast Center. A Celebrity round robin will be played onSaturday, 1-4 pm. There will be a silent auction for the opportunity to play with a celebrity. Spectators are welcome to cheer on their favorite teams. Round robins on Saturday and Sunday are divided into skill levels- 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0+. These will be held on the tennis courts (striped for PB and portable nets will be used). The round robins are random draw; play with different partners against changing opponents with a 20-minute time limit for each of the 7 rounds being played (total 2 hours 20 minutes max play time). Points scored will be kept for each individual player. The top three players will be awarded prizes. Maximum number in each skill level division is 32 players.
Bring blankets, outdoor chairs, umbrellas or pop ups for shade. No alcoholic beverages, please. You must be registered to participate in any or all events at the Sandra Moon Courts during this Festival. See the tentative schedule below:
Friday (check-in anytime)
5:00-8:00 pm Open play, hospitality tent open
6:00 pm Skill contest – partner dink, partner volley
Saturday (check-in anytime)
8:00 am – 8:00 pm Open play, hospitality tent open, entertainment/music, vendor booths
8:00-10:30 am up to 2.0 Skill round robin
10:30 am -1:00 pm 2.5 Skill round robin
12:30 pm Drawing for first set of raffle items, including celebrity round robin
1:00-4:00 pm Celebrity Round Robin
4:00-5:00 pm Skill contest – serve to a target
5:00-7:30 pm 3.0 Skill round robin
7:30 pm Drawing for second set of raffle items
Sunday (check-in anytime)
8:00 am-5:00 pm Open play, hospitality tent open, entertainment/music, vendor booths open
9:00 – 10:00 am Skill contest – to be determined
10:30 am-1:00 pm 3.5 Skill round robin
1:00-3:30 pm 4.0 + Skill round robin
3:30 pm Drawing for third set of raffle items
5:00 pm Festival closes
We hope to see you there!
Click Here for details and to register for the event.
Huntsville Pickleball Club, in partnership with The Breast Cancer Patient Assistance Fund (Huntsville Hospital Foundation) and Huntsville Parks and Recreation, is hosting a fundraising festival – Pickleball on the Moon. The event will be held at the Sandra Moon Community Complex, 7901 Bailey Cove Road, Huntsville, AL 35802.
All proceeds from the festival will go to the Breast Cancer Patient Assistance Fund, benefitting breast cancer patients in our community and in all of North Alabama. This fund assists patients with house payments, utility bills, car payments, car insurance, and other essential expenses during a time when their finances are certainly strained and their ability to work is challenged. Breast cancer is one of the most expensive cancers to treat, so we appreciate your consideration in participating in this festival to help raise these much needed funds to support patients in our area.
Huntsville City Recreation has announced that open play at Shurney Center on Friday mornings from 9:30 am to 12 noon has been restored.
Monday – no open play. 11:30 am to 2:30 pm is reserved for women’s doubles league play
Tuesday – 11:30 am to 2:30 pm is reserved for mixed doubles league play
Tuesday – 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm Open Play
Wednesday – 9:30 am to 11:30 am Open Play
Thursday – 11:30 am to 2:30 pm is reserved for men’s doubles league play
Friday – 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm Intermediate and Advanced Play (no beginners)
Huntsville Parks & Recreation centers and facilities will be closed Dec. 24-25. Centers with regular Sunday hours will be open Sunday, Dec. 26.
The City of Huntsville’s municipal offices will be closed for all non-essential personnel in observance of the New Year’s holiday on Friday, Dec. 31, and will reopen Monday, Jan. 3, 2022.
Some of our members have been using our discussion forum as shown below. Click the link to view the post https://www.pickleball-huntsville.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=74